Rules pertaining to graduate teaching assistantships
Pay scales for one-half time teaching assistantships are as follows:
- completed M.S. degree, $1,268.50 per month
- completed Ph.D. degree, $1,437.00 per month
Appointments are for one semester or one academic year for which the assistant receives 4.5 or 9 months pay, respectively.
To be reemployed, a teaching assistant must:
- maintain a "B" average for the semester preceding reemployment
- complete at least 6 credit hours for that semester
- have a satisfactory performance of her/his assigned duties as determined by the supervising teacher
- have exceeded 3 years as a teaching assistant for M.S. students or 4-5 years for Ph.D. students (students exceeding the maximum may be reemployed if needed).
Assistantships that have been offered will be withdrawn for students not meeting academic stipulations and the appointment extended to a qualified student. Oklahoma State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.